German Bratwurst and Jalapeno Cheddar Bratwurst: Classic vs Rock Star
It’s time to get your grill on, and we don’t mean tossing any namby-pamby skinless hot dogs on the barbeque. Square up and grill like a king (or queen) this summer by cooking some of the best sausages and brats you’ve ever had.
Josef’s Artisan Meats presents to you the Great Griller Series, a 3-part game-changer that will feature a total of six of Josef’s personal favorite summertime meats. We’re talking legit, fresh, handcrafted sausages, bratwursts, and frankfurters here.
Each month we’ll highlight a pair of our savory sausages and brats with unique, exotic, and downright mouthwatering combinations of toppings, sides, and more. After all, Josef is about blending old-world flavors in exciting, your-world ways.
So fire up that grill, grab yourself a cold one, and prepare to impress your friends and family with your mastery of the backyard BBQ. Let’s get our grill on!
These beauties have a rep for being a bit basic – but throw ’em on the grill, bust out some trendy toppings, and you’ve got yourself a truly versatile (and fun) brat that will be a hit with the whole family!
Toss that boring white roll to the side and give a pretzel roll a try! Josef’s German Brats on a pretzel roll will definitely turn those taste buds on their heads!
Forego the yellow mustard and try one with a kick. We like Nance’s Sharp and Creamy Mustard or spicy whole grain mustard for a changeup.
Skip the ‘kraut and kick it up a notch with some fun alternatives! Here are a few ways to still get your cabbage fix but with some different flavors:
- German red cabbage: Still German, still sour, but with a little sweetness! The color will add vibrancy to the brat’s presentation, too.
- Coleslaw: From traditional New England taste to down South spicy style – whatever you prefer, add a heaping dollop to your brat. This gives an awesome crunchy texture that really hits home.
- Kimchi: Take it to the next level with his tangy, spicy pickled cabbage. It has a texture similar to sauerkraut but comes with a little crunch and bolder flavors.
Jalapeño Cheddar Bratwurst
Josef’s Jalapeno Cheddar Bratwurst hits you with flavor and kicks you with heat right from the first bite. It’s rich, smokey, and packed with high quality cheddar cheese that turns wonderfully ooey-gooey after the sausage has been grilled.
So, what’s the best way to eat this bad boy? It’s certainly good enough to eat plain, but if you’re looking for an adventure, try some of these tips!
Buns are fine, but we say skip them and serve these brats sliced over white rice. For an extra special meal, try different kinds of rice, like basmati for an aromatic meal, or jasmine for a nuttier flavor.
Mac & Cheese
Step up your game and try grilling your mac and cheese in a cast-iron skillet. Grill Josef’s Jalapeno Cheddar Brats on the side and slice and serve on top. The melted cheese in the brats will blend with the cheese in the macaroni for a seriously rich, creamy meal.
- Grilled pineapple, peaches, or mango: What’s not to love about grilled fruit? Add some sweetness to the spiciness of the sausage. It makes a savory pair!
- Black bean & corn salsa: When the black beans and corn combine with the jalapenos and cheddar, it’s an instant flavor fiesta for your taste buds!
- Barbecue sauce & ranch dressing blend: The best of two worlds! Either mix together in a small dish beforehand or simply drizzle each over the brat right before devouring.
Josef’s Expert Grilling Tips
✓ Don’t overcook!
Our brats come fully cooked, so they don’t need much time on the grill.
✓ Cook over medium-low heat.
We realize that’s vague, but there are an awful lot of types of grills out there.
✓ Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
Again, maintain a medium-low heat. Turn the sausages often, or until heated through. (We won’t laugh if you cut a brat in half to taste-test it!)
Why Buy Josef’s Brand?
Because we’re awesome! For real, we are, but if you need some reasons, here you go:
- All of our products are handmade by Josef himself, a master sausage maker, and his team of carefully trained, highly skilled craftsmen.
- Our bratwursts and other products are made with no nitrates, phosphates or MSG.
- We don’t use any cheap fillers or additives – only ingredients of the highest quality.
- We take freshness seriously – our products are made and shipped immediately.