Battle of the Brats: Frankfurter & Smoked Andouille Showdown
Ding ding! It’s round two of the Great Grillers Series; the 3-part game-changer that features six of Josef’s personal summertime faves. Each month we’re featuring duos of our savory sausages and brats with unique and exotic combinations of toppings, sides, and more. When Josef links old-world flavors with your-world style, you get an out-of-this-world adventure in flavor.
So fire up the grill, push aside the boring ole’ burgers and chicken, and make room for this month’s headliners as the old world European classic Frankfurter goes head to head with the fiery new favorite, smoked Andouille Sausage. This is one battle that’s too delicious to miss!
Ah, the classic frankfurter! But wait, this is so much more than your average, run of the mill frank. We can hardly call these hot dogs, but think of them more as “top dogs” thanks to being traditionally handcrafted and each batch made fresh. Josef’s franks are plump and juicy, and don’t contain any cheap fillers. These beauties are a natural for the backyard BBQ, but keep in mind they don’t need much grill time, as they come fully cooked.
How to Enjoy: Keep it Simple!
If there’s one thing Americans are crazy about, it’s toppings. From pizzas to burgers to ice cream to subs to yes, hot dogs, we love to load up our food with, well, more food. But we think the best way to enjoy Josef’s frankfurters is to keep it simple.
- Plain: Yes, plain! That’s because these franks are delicately seasoned, and with such subtle, yet savory flavors, you want to be sure you can enjoy every bite.
- Coleslaw: The “fancier” cousin of sauerkraut, coleslaw provides the perfect amount of sweet, sour, and crunch to this belle of the BBQ. We particularly like using a vinegar-based coleslaw for an extra zing, like this Carolina slaw recipe.
- Mustard: Okay, we’ll admit, it’s hard to resist mustard even on the finest of frankfurters. After all, Franks and mustard have been partners for centuries – it’s Europe’s version of peas and carrots! We recommend skipping the yellow mustard and try experimenting with different varieties, like spicy brown and Dijon.
It’s almost the 4th of July, and if you really want to see sparks fly, take a bite out of Josef’s Smoked Andouille Sausage!
This fiery sausage is perfectly seasoned with Cajun spices, garlic, paprika, and a variety of peppers for an explosive taste. These babies aren’t for the heat sensitive pallete, so biter beware!
How to Enjoy:
So what’s the best way to eat this dangerous dynamite? If you’re feeling brave, we dare you to try it plain. Yeah, that’s right, plain. No bun, no ketchup, no nothing to blot out those sassy spices. See if you can stand the heat! But beware… the heat builds with each bite… But, if you’re like most people, you’ll want to enjoy your andouille in a less wild (but still fun) way.
- Chili: Andouille is known as a stellar ingredient in Cajun and Creole sauces and soups. Try adding some to your chili for a unique and smoky flavor.
- Stuffed Peppers: Substitute chopped or broken up andouille in place of ground meat. The sausage pairs wonderfully with the rice and peppers in this dish.
- Eggs or Omlettes: Eggs are an amazingly versatile food that goes well with lots of different options. Why not try andouille instead of plain old breakfast sausage? And, if you want to give it a truly southern flair, throw a few shrimp in there, too.
Josef’s Expert Grilling Tips
✓ Don’t overcook!
Our brats come fully cooked, so they don’t need much time on the grill.
✓ Cook over medium-low heat.
We realize that’s vague, but there are an awful lot of types of grills out there.
✓ Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
Again, maintain a medium-low heat. Turn the sausages often, or until heated through. (We won’t laugh if you cut a brat in half to taste-test it!)
Why Buy Josef’s Brand?Because we’re awesome! For real, we are, but if you need some reasons, here you go:
- All of our products are handmade by Josef himself, a master sausage maker, and his team of carefully trained, highly skilled craftsmen.
- Our bratwursts and other products are made with no nitrates, phosphates or MSG.
- We don’t use any cheap fillers or additives – only ingredients of the highest quality.
- We take freshness seriously – our products are made and shipped immediately.
Josef’s quality alternative to the humdrum hot dog, our frankfurter is made from hand-trimmed pork and beef and lightly smoked using natural hardwoods.
This best-selling sausage is made with coarsely ground pork and seasoned with authentic Cajun spices. Perfect for those who can handle a little heat!
An unbeatable bundle for your next bbq
Here’s your chance to get your hands on some of Josef’s favorite summer grillers at a price that’s too delicious to pass up.
Get all six of the internationally award winning brats featured in our Great Griller series bundled together for a special price.
Click the link below to order or for more information. Don’t wait – this deal is only for a limited time!